The Community Risk Reduction Division is dedicated to maintaining a proactive approach to reducing the risk to lives and property within the Apple Valley Fire Protection District.
Flashing lights and dramatic rescues make headlines, but today’s fire service has an equally important task of minimizing loss of life and property by preventing fires, reducing risk, and other emergencies from occurring.
Our highly trained professional firefighters and paramedics are ready to assist you 24/7. But we’d prefer to prevent an emergency before it happens. That’s why the Community Risk Reduction Division is a vital part of what we do.
The Apple Valley Fire Protection District makes community risk reduction a priority. Our Community Risk Reduction Division and emergency response crews perform a wide array of fire prevention tasks, including:
- Performing new and existing business inspections
- Review of Fire Protection plans and engineering
- Reviewing building plans and inspecting new construction
- Investigating causes of fires
- Investigating complaints of illegal burning or other hazardous conditions
- Analyzing, developing, and adopting fire codes
- Hazard Abatement on over 26,000 parcels within the Town Of Apple Valley
Members of the Community Risk Reduction Division also take the lead in educating the public about fire safety and prevention by:
- Juvenile fire-setters intervention
- Teaching Multi-Risk prevention programs
- Coordinating educational programs with other agencies, hospitals, and schools
- Public Relations/Media Information
If you have a question about the Community Risk Reduction Division please call the Fire District offices at (760) 247-7618.