Burn Permit & Public Record Request

Burn Permit Information

Do I need a permit to burn weeds? 

How do I get a burn permit?
Burn permits may be purchased at the Headquarters Fire Station, 22400 Headquarters Drive, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding holidays).

A burn permit authorizes you to burn your yard vegetation, such as weeds/tumbleweeds, grasses, leaves, pine needles, and small tree trimmings. Tree trimmings can be no larger than 2” in diameter. You may NOT burn processed wood in any form (lumber, building/construction debris, cardboard, paper) or household garbage.

To obtain a permit, come to the Headquarters Fire Station, fill out a permit application, and pay the $15 fee. We accept all forms of payment (cash, check, debit/credit). The process takes only 5-10 minutes. 

Your permit is valid for one year from date of issue. You will need to call the Dispatch Center at 1-800-472-2376 or 909-356-3805 prior to burning to advise them you are planning to burn. They are open 24 hours 7 days a week. You will either be given permission to burn at that time or you will be told that burning is suspended for the day. If it is an authorized burn day, you may burn from 6:00 am to 12:00 noon only. Burning can be suspended due to high smog levels, high fire danger, or high winds.

What am I allowed to burn?
You are allowed to burn weeds/tumbleweeds, grasses, leaves, pine needles, and small tree trimmings.

Board Meeting

Board Meeting
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
6:00 PM
This meeting will be
Via conference call
Public is welcome.